Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rhubarb Custard Pie


Well, we are now officially living back in the midwest. One of my first midwestern things to do was make a rhubarb custard pie with my mom. Haven't tried it yet, but we made one last year from the same recipe and it was delish! Here it is:


Rhubarb Custard Pie


Double Pie Crust from your favorite recipe

3 eggs

3 Tbsp milk

2 cups sugar

1/4 cup flour

3/4 tsp. nutmeg

4 cups rhubarb, cut up

1 Tbsp butter


Beat eggs slightly and add the milk. Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg and stir into the egg mixture. Mix in the rhubarb. Pour into an unbaked pastry lined pan. Dot with butter. Top with second pie crust. Brush milk and dust sugar on top of crust. Bake at 400 for 50 to 60 minutes.


From St Joe's Parrish Cookbook
Menomonie, Wisconsin

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I never have grown rhubarb here, don't know if I can, but I will look for it in the stores and make this becaue it sure looks good. I love pie!